Yesterday, one of my former group home clients, QB, passed away. QB was autistic, and very challenging to work with. Having said that, he could also have his moments of love, and come up to you and hug you. One of his "behaviours" was throwing dishes, any dishes, just to hear the sound of something breaking; it gave him much joy. I think one of my favorite memories of QB, was one night when I was working night shift. His room at the time, was on the second floor of the group home. He decided to (at 2am) NOT sleep, but rather, throw his clothes from that day, off the balcony. I can't remember who I was working with, but we asked him to please go outside, and pick up his clothes. So, not one to wear a robe or anything, he marched outside in the buff, and picked up his clothes. He thought this was so amusing, So, over the balcony the clothes kept going, and so did QB, in the buff, over and over again, to pick them up off the cement! LOL! I was informed on Wednesday, that QB was in the hospital, in a coma and that if I wanted to say good-bye, I should come right away to do so, since they were not giving him much time. I went around dinner time on Wednesday, and it was difficult to see him all hooked up to breathing equipment and such. He look very calm and peaceful, not the QB that I had known before. I held his hand and talked to him a bit. I told him that I was sorry for all the times that I had not been patient with him, and hoped he could somehow find it in his heart to forgive me. I have no idea if he actually heard me or not....I guess I'll find out when I get to Heaven. I'm looking forward to seeing him whole again :) Rest in peace, QB..........
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment