CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

A CAT scan has shown, that 3 arteries in my brain have burst. The CAT scan technician said I should be dead. Not surprising...LOL! I've had several episodes, where I am woken up from a dead sleep at night, with excruciating pain in my lower left side of my head. My cancer doctor set up the CAT scan for me, bcuz she figured one of the arteries in my brain had burst, due to a blockage, from my PV. Three have burst. So, when I see her next Wednesday, we will discuss possible surgery, to make sure there are no "bleeders." The CAT scan shows I have no bleeding of the brain, but Dr. L is concerned bcuz I have had a really bad headache EVERY day, since the last artery burst. The brain surgery would be at St. Paul's Hospital, probably within the month, and would require them to shave part of my head, and take off part of my skull, to check for bleeders that did not appear on the CAT scan. I am totally at peace about this, and welcome a "holiday", and some great meds! LOL! So, next Wednesday will be "the day" we'll figure out this whole brain thing :)

3 comments:

carolyn and steve said...

o barb. we will be thinking of you and praying for you

marge said...

I'm already praying into this situation. It will all go well whatever is decided.

Anonymous said...

Barb, I am so sorry to hear about this latest setback. We'll definitely be praying for you, that all will be well.