Yesterday I had a headache all day. I thought, no big deal. Around 5pm. I started feeling nauseated, and got the hot/cold chills, and body aches. It felt like post chemo pains, but I knew it wasn't. I took my pre-chemo med cocktail, hoping that it would do the trick, and then took a hot bath. After a hot bath, I felt even worse!!! I then started getting an upset stomach! I asked Pete to take me to the hospital. We got there, and at the front desk, I told the gal my symptoms, and right away she asked Pete and I to put masks on. She told us we could not go back into the waiting room, and told us, we would be segregated to a different area, behind closed doors. We had to sit in theses chairs. It was at this point we found out that it would be FOUR HOURS before I would see a doctor!!!!!!! I kept getting worse, and then the diarrhea kicked it! I ALWAYS have meds with me in my pill container, and thank goodness for that. I was popping Imodium like it was candy, and it was NOT working! I knew I was in trouble. We sat there for an hour and a half while medical staff walked by and ignored us. It wasn't until I threw up ALL over, that they rushed me to a bed to lay down, and they hooked me up to I.V. right away. I had two bags of fluids, in one hour! They said I was severely dehydrated! After blood, urine and stool samples, they concluded it WASN'T N1H1, like they had originally thought, just the REALLY bad flu. Finally we got home at 2am. The doctor said LOTS of Gatorade and rest for the next couple of days. He said I am highly contagious and to avoid people.
I still feel pretty rotten today, but not as weak as yesterday. Thank you for all your prayers.

1 comments:
I feel so bad for you Barb. We continue to pray for you.
Post a Comment