CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 3, 2008

It's not often, that you go to Walmart, and your cashier is crying. That's what just happened to me. I pulled my cart up to the till and my cashier was crying. I asked her if she was okay, and she told me it has been a rough week for her, because her younger brother had just died. I asked her why Walmart did not give her some much needed time off, but she said she would rather work, because it is a nice distraction. How can you comfort someone in the one to two minutes that you are at a till? I told her that I was really sorry about her brother and that I would be praying for her. What else can a person say or do? I truly wanted to reach over the till and give her a hug, but seeing that it would have been inappropriate, I didn't. I felt so badly for her. She is one of the nicest cashiers at Walmart, and I usually make a point of going thru her till, if I am not in a hurry, and use the self serve check out. I still feel horrible, that there wasn't more I could do for her, and that my words were probably not too comforting to her at this time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once went through a till where the cashier was crying. I too felt so helpless and so sorry for the cashier.