So, last February, I started my own business, Senior Companions. I love being my own boss and making my own hours, especially since sometimes I am not feeling well. For the last 8 months, I have been working with a client at Bevan Lodge. She's a Christian lady with Parkinson's, who is in her 80's. For the most part, she's pretty easy going, but like most seniors, she says what's on her mind, whether it's how I'm wearing my hair, what clothes I'm wearing, my weight etc. I just try to take it in stride, since I know I'll probably be a senior one day. LOL!!! Up until February, I had been going in for a few hours three days a week. I cut back to two days a week in February, since both my dad and hubby have had some health problems. THIS month so far has NOT been so great for working at Bevan Lodge. There was a quarantine for 2.5 weeks at Bevan, because there was a flu outbreak. This meant that no "outsiders" were allowed in, and most of the clients were quarantined to their own floor only. That meant no work for me. Today was my first day back, and my client was SO happy to see me! I was glad to see her too, especially since she had a cheque for me :) So, what do I do for her? Well, pretty much everything the care aides are supposed to do for her. Toilet her, dress her, help her eat, give her meds, help her in/out of bed, in/out of wheelchair, help her with personal grooming. I just raised my prices, since it's a new year and what I was charging, was at the lower end, price wise. My client at Bevan is the only one I currently have. I am always looking for new clients, if you know of anyone who needs a senior companion, private care aide, please let me know :)
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Posted by barb at 1:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment