My teen years were FILLED with these guys! My sister, friend Heather and I had all the posters, cassettes, cd's, trading cards, pretty much the "works"! My sister has held on to all our NKOTB stuff for the last 20+ years, and well, it's paid off. NKOTB are back together, and have a new album, and are going on tour!!!!!!!!!!!! Back in their hay day, my sister, our friend Heather and I, went to 2 of their concerts when they came to Vancouver. My sister and I have talked at length, the last couple of days, and have decided that even if the closest they come is Seattle, we're going! We're hoping they will come to Vancouver, but we'll take Seattle, if that's as close as they come! Ticket cost, is not even an issue, as we will pay pretty much whatever, to see "our guys". Ya, most of them are married with kids, but it's not even about the dream WE had of marrying them, it's about the awesome memories we have of our teenage years, and loving these guys as people AND musicians. Most people don't like to hear this, but I truly believe, that NKOTB, paved the way for all the OTHER boy bands, like BackStreet Boys, N'Sync, and the like. NKOTB are currently on the Today Show, and I am watching them as I type, which is kinda sacrilegious, so I'm going to go for now, and give them my full attention! LOL!Friday, April 4, 2008
My teen years were FILLED with these guys! My sister, friend Heather and I had all the posters, cassettes, cd's, trading cards, pretty much the "works"! My sister has held on to all our NKOTB stuff for the last 20+ years, and well, it's paid off. NKOTB are back together, and have a new album, and are going on tour!!!!!!!!!!!! Back in their hay day, my sister, our friend Heather and I, went to 2 of their concerts when they came to Vancouver. My sister and I have talked at length, the last couple of days, and have decided that even if the closest they come is Seattle, we're going! We're hoping they will come to Vancouver, but we'll take Seattle, if that's as close as they come! Ticket cost, is not even an issue, as we will pay pretty much whatever, to see "our guys". Ya, most of them are married with kids, but it's not even about the dream WE had of marrying them, it's about the awesome memories we have of our teenage years, and loving these guys as people AND musicians. Most people don't like to hear this, but I truly believe, that NKOTB, paved the way for all the OTHER boy bands, like BackStreet Boys, N'Sync, and the like. NKOTB are currently on the Today Show, and I am watching them as I type, which is kinda sacrilegious, so I'm going to go for now, and give them my full attention! LOL!Posted by barb at 9:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
LOL!. Is that when Sonya hid her jacket at Heather's house?.I do remember the three of you living , sleeping and dreaming NKOTB.
LOL! Hey mom, yup, that's when Sonya kept her leather jacket at Heather's...LOL!
NEW KIDS RULE!!!!
agreed , THEY ROCK !!
Post a Comment