CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

So, here's a little scoop for ya...I'm finished with my chemo. After praying and talking to God about it, I've chosen to refuse any further treatment. Ok, before you get all upset and freak out, hear me out. God's been talking to me for the last little while and keeps telling me to trust Him in all things. I was, except for healing me from my cancer. He told me that in order to show Him, that I truly trust Him, I have to stop my treatment. He told me that I am not giving Him a chance to heal me and that I am doubting Him, by continuing my treatment. FREAKY, yes, I know. But, I have NEVER felt better! I am totally off my morphine, and have had NO pain at all, and I was taking morphine at LEAST once a day for pain. I have SO much energy now. I have been drinking LOTS of water all week, detoxing my body from all the "drugs". Having said all this, I am not going to be totally naive...I will go for regular blood tests every 3 days, to keep an eye on things, and IF things start going haywire, I will resume treatment, but for now I have to trust God and let Him do his job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming that the 'don't freak out' bit is aimed at the parental units?? Hee, hee. Listen, it's your life and you've gotta' do what you feel is best for you. Nobody can make those choices for you. And it sounds like you're being responsible about it, so that's good. :)

marge said...

Dad and I are the parents who are not freaking out. I'm trusting God and Barb's wisdom. I totally agree with you Barb.