CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

This post is for my husband, Pete. I love him SO much, and I often feel badly, that I am not the most fun wife, especially lately. Pete is so good to me, and I know he loves me so much. I know it must be hard for him to have a sick wife, as I often see the sadness in his eyes, when he doesn't quite know how to help me when I am very sick. I'm really putting our marriage vows to the test, well the "for sickness and in health" ones, anyways. He never complains when I don't have enough energy, or when I just need to sleep, or medicate myself. Pete makes me laugh, every day! I think laughter is so important in any relationship, but more so when you are sick. We laugh a lot together, even through tears sometimes :) One thing I LOVE the most about Pete, is that he is never short on kisses. He'll often just come up to me, and kiss my cheek, or grab me and plant one on me.... :) Believe it or not, I STILL get butterflies in my stomach, when I know he's on his way home from work, or when I hear his car pull into the driveway, from being in town. Cheesy, I know, but we're newlyweds, and we're allowed to feel this way... LOL! Anyhow, I know it can't be easy, being the husband of a sick wife, so when you think of us, please remember to pray for Pete, that he continues to know how much I love him, and for strength each and every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you that you have such a nice caring husband.

Anonymous said...

You two make the sweetest couple. :) I know how you feel...even after almost 16 years of marriage, I still get all excited when Gary gets home from work!

Cindy said...

Barb,
You are an awesome wife and so supportive of Pete. You are both lucky to have each other. We love spending time with you two and I can't waite to see you guys at the wedding.
take it easy,
Cindy