CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Well, it's coming to that time of year again! Friday is Relay For Life 2008!!!! I can't believe this will be my fifth year participating! This year will be extra special, because Pete will be coming! I am so VERY thankful to the Canadian Cancer Society! They have helped me so much, especially in the medication department! They pay for all of my chemotherapy drugs! Without them, I would be paying $1,500/month for my chemo! You know when you get a call from the Canadian Cancer Society, asking you to give money? Well, that's just one of the many things that the money goes towards;meds for cancer patients. I look forward to Relay EVERY year! Once again, this year I will be working in the Survivors tent! I won't be on a team, since I will have to be doing a bit of running around during Relay. I encourage all of you to come out to this fun, family event! There is SO much to see and do there! They have live entertainment all night, and be sure to stay for the always emotional, luminary ceremony at 10pm. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there!


2 comments:

Ana said...

Hey Barb,
It's so great that you are doing the relay for life again. I've always wanted to go there but never got there. Maybe this year!

I also thought it was great to hear that the Cancer Society actually pays for your medication. That is HUGE! I never knew that before. Thanks.

Hope you have a great day! Andrea

Cindy said...

I am so excited to come and support you tonight!! I am looking forward to watching you walk the survivor walk. You go girl!!!!