This is how I feel at the moment. I have a MAJOR headache. We had a super stressful night last night. Our cat decided not to come home. This is the first time he's done this. I was up, checking at the back door, every few hours. I checked at 5am, and there he was, sitting on one of our chairs. Due to some recent strange behavior, Pete thinks that Taffy has gotten some neighborhood cat pregnant and has a family somewhere. I have to agree. Taffy used to LOVE to cuddle on the couch and in bed with us, and now all he wants, is to be outside, ALL the time. When we don't let him out, or let him out fast enough, he whines like crazy at the door. He was a stray, when we got him, and it took a long time for us to train him to want to spend any time inside. He was doing really great for the last 8-9 months. Now, the only time he spends inside, is to come and eat, and then he's off again. Pete and I do not want to just be a food stop for Taffy. That's why this is so hard. It looks like we are going to get rid of him. Pete promised me, that after our honeymoon in a couple of weeks, we'll get a new kitten, that will be INDOORS only. I'm sure Taffy will come around for a long time, to visit. We're just not going to let him in for food, since it's obvious that he's being fed somewhere else. We can't take Taffy for a drive in the country and let him out, it wouldn't be fair, if he has a family of kittens around here now, and the SPCA will just kill him, if they are over crowded. The only other thing we could do, is take him to the Humane Society, but again, if he has kittens around here, it's not fair to him. So, today, Taffy's collar will come off, and his food dish is going in the cupboard, forever. I'm trying to be an adult and not cry, but it's hard, because we love him and it's sad, but it's best for both him and us.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment