In order to prepare for this

and this, next week, I did

This!

I've been sleeping on it, so it doesn't look that great, it looked better before the nap! LOL! I had my hairdresser cut off 6 inches! It's going to thin/fall out in September, so I figured I'd save myself the shock! LOL! Pete says it's cute! So, if you are not on Facebook and have not already heard, next week I start on Interferon. It's a chemotherapy drug with harsh flu like symptoms for the first month. I'm talking chills, fever, aching bones, nausea, chattering teeth. I was on this chemo for a month, once before, but this time I have morphine, ahhhhhh......magical morphine, to help with the side effects. I will be on both hydrea and morphine at the same time. My cancer doctor will be SLOWLY weaning me off the hydrea, and SLOWLY increasing the interferon. I WAS facing a once month hospital stay in September, so she could monitor myself and the side effects, but since Pete has agreed to learn how to do my injections, I can avoid the hospital stay! YAY! So feel free to keep us in your prayers :)

3 comments:
yay for pete ! i know you were not looking forward to the hospital stay , oh ya cute hair ;)
Hey Denise, ya Pete is a real doll! He's a real trooper ;) I love my new haircut! Let's get together before next week, ok? I miss you and the kids!
Hey Barb,
So glad that you don't have to go to the hospital for a whole month. But it must be hard knowing that you will be feeling sick for longer yet! It's great that Pete is going to take care of you like that! Our prayers are with you both!
PS - Nice hair :) !
Post a Comment