CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Well, last night was my first Interferon injection. I took all my pain and sleeping meds pre-injection, and then went for it. For the first half hour after the injection, Pete held me, because I was in a lot of pain, and was freezing cold...teeth chattering, body shaking, crying. Pete prayed for me while he held me, and talked to me about the ocean, and the beach, and warm sunny places. THEN, the hot flashes came. I became REALLY hot, and had to strip down and lay under the ceiling fan. I could NOT cool down. The drugs I took for pain and sleeping, kicked in almost right after that, and I fell asleep for the night, and woke up feeling tired, but awesome today! Praise The Lord! So in all, I only had bad side effect for a half an hour!!! I am hoping that this will be the case every week when I take my Interferon! That would be awesome. I'm pretty tired today, because of all the pain and sleeping meds I took, but I have NO pain or nausea!!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Awesome to hear!!! I was thinking about you all day, worrying and praying it would not be too much to bear. I am praying that it will stay this way for the whole three months:)
Cindy

carolyn and steve said...

praise the LORD!!!!! I am so glad it went better than you thought.