CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

On Monday, Pete was downsized from his job at The Honda Way. He is eligible for E.I. and after talking with the guy in charge of our benefit package, we are now covered til the end of the month. The economy has been SO bad, that people are just not buying vehicles. Pete LOVED his job there, and loves selling, but has decided to accept training, if E.I. offers it. He would like to get out of sales, but having said that, he would still like to open up another collectable's shop. We are praying and asking God with open hearts, to provide employment for Pete, WHEREVER He wants us to be. That could mean a move, or training for something TOTALLY different, but we are ready for whatever God has planned for us. It's kind of exciting (?) to see what will happen. We are also looking for a different church to attend, so this all might be part of God's big plan for us. Pete's brother Dave has mentioned a couple of employment opportunities for Pete, in Calgary, and my in-laws have mentioned some opportunities available in 100 Mile House. We're just keeping all of our options open right now, until God leads us to where He wants us to be. As you know, Pete is a VERY private person. I would appreciate if you would not say anything to him at this time, but let him bring it up. We ask that you pray along side of us, that God's will would be done. Thanks.

3 comments:

Rina said...

*praying for you guys*

Did you hear that a second family has been found dead in the US due to the recession? This is insanity - just because you get laid off doesn't mean you kill your whole family (how can anyone do that to their own children and partner!???!).

It's so sad...in these times we just really have to pull our socks up, get frugal, and take any paying job available - even if it's fast food!

Looking forward to tonight!!

barb said...

Thanks for your prayers ;) It's so crazy out there. People lose sight of the BIG picture, and can't see past a month or two future wise. I always was frugal, but now I'm even MORE frugal. I am also looking forward to tonight. It will be nice to hang with you, we don't hang out nearly enuf, considering we live 5 minutes or less from each other ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't help believe that God has a great plan for you and Pete.I will continue to pray that God will open great doors for you to walk through.