CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 15, 2012

Three weeks ago I had a stroke. It was a bad one. I lost my ability to speak, and I lost my memory. Both returned in about 3-4 hours. It was scary. I had LOTS of people praying for me. I made it thru, by the grace of God. I want to put it behind me. I was SO blessed to have my sister and niece Paige come for Thanksgiving, two days after my stroke. We all had such a wonderful and blessed time together! That same weekend, we had Thanksgiving with Pete's family. It was not so wonderful. My mother in law has multiple medical problems and the dinner was dominated by that. We all tried to make the best of it, since we were celebrating 3 birthdays that day as well. Later that night, my mother in law was admitted to our local hospital. She is still there. She will be there for a while, as they took one of her toes, due to her diabetes and her lack of responsibility for taking care of herself. This is not new to us. We went thru this in the spring with her. She started out by losing a toe, and ended up having all of her toes amputated. I'm sure the same will happen again this time. I don't know about diabetes, but when you have cancer, you take precautions, and do EVERYTHING you can, to remain safe and healthy. My stroke was due to narrowing of my veins and arteries, which is from my cancer. They can not do anything about that. If they COULD do something, I would jump at the chance to have whatever procedure I needed to, done. It just makes sense to me, when you have a medical condition, YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! No? Anyways, so our days are now filled by late dinners and hospital visits, again. It may sound like I have no compassion yet .You have to understand what we have been dealing with since last spring with my mother in law. She was WARNED last time, to take better care of herself. She didn't. Now she is paying. So, the saga goes on.

0 comments: